June 10, 2007

A Gift From Heaven


A Gift From Heaven



yesterday my Dad suggested that we go and look at how the bees are doing because the weather was hot he was afraid that the honey will melt so we went to the roof to check the colony and saw the honey, it didn't melt down thank god but the prob was that the honey frames were getting Very heavy so we had to change the frames so we suited up and then we burned a piece of cloth and we put it in i don't know what its called but its a kind of bottle its made from steel and attached to it is some kind of pump that u push to get the smoke out and the smoke scares the bees so we went to the bee hive and opened it up and while my dad was taking out the frames i was pumping the smoke at the bees that were coming at us to sting us but thank god i was good at my job :) but after my dad got out 3 frames he got stung so that was about my fault so i got angry at bees so started pumping smoke in the hive but so all the bees started to come out and i was in big trouble so i ran as fast that i can but thank god my dad finished taking out the frames and some of them broke so we couldn't change them because of me but its OK so then we toke them to our garden room and my dad started uncapping the honey comb and the honey that you get after uncapping the honey comb is called mature honey and after that we put them in the centrifuge, and its a machine that you put the frames in and it starts to spin
around and the honey starts to splat at the edges and there is a place were the honey comes out








and these are the frames








and this is my dad uncapping the honey comb


it is kind of funny this much of hunny from one colony being raised in shar3 Jraba!

believe me this stuff is so good no other hunny comes even close i tasted hunny from italy, china, australia, canada, spain, but nothing is as good as our tripoli hunny:)

we get enough to last the whole year and give some to our friends, it is that time of the year when my Mom makes Basbusa with 100% hunny and nuts of peachs YmYm.
















6 comments:

DaMoon said...

Oh Wow mashallah, u r so talented fatboy :o) I don't like calling u fatboy, we have to find you another nickname hehehe :o) maybe chubby boy? what do u think? :p...
I'd kill for honey wax, it tastes sooo good I love it, u should save me some :)

Happymoi said...

Mashllah:)
Thats a job well done:) it must be fun assisting your dad with his job:)

All i can say is wonderful:)

Anglo-Libyan said...

I agree with damoon, can we have another name to call you with ? :o)

I really enjoyed reading this, it was so good to know how its done.

fatboy said...

damoon: thank u for that u make me blush:) and hey about the name chubby boy is fine but i just like fat boy because it makes me feel me and honey wax will be waiting for u

happymoi: yeh it is really fun assisting my dad and i just like working with him

anglo-libyan: as i said to damoon i just like fat boy and i am very happy that u enjoyed it

bye

DaMoon said...

isn't chubby boy da most cutest boy ever?...lol I am gonna be calling u chubby boy from now on :p (copyright)..lol

fatboy said...

ok chubby boy it is then